Saturday, November 20, 2010

like a starving child

today was a long, hard day 



i hadn't eaten anything from 6:30am to 6:45pm 
working all the way through 


i had one soymilk drink


at the end,

i said, it's okay
because when i get home, 
maybe there will be food

(uh yeah, the backpack has settled in)


and there was food!




just beautiful,
beautiful amounts of italian bread sticks
sitting,

waiting for me



until 




she came down




with the fattest cream popsicle i have ever seen





i knew my responsibilities as the first born
i should sacrifice my blood,
to feed the younger generation 

pray for their health, and safety. 

but i had to stand my ground




however,
middle school
will make a warrior 
out of anyone. 






UNTRUE




UNTRUE
UNTRUE
UNTRUE
UNTRUE




she was not starving
she was full, and gluttonous
born on a silver spoon, covered in godiva chocolate for dipping in coffee 






i understood though,
her cry for help.

so i gave it to her, i gave her all the breadsticks. and i said,

"well maybe there's macaroni left."



"the pizza?"

"Oh yeah, i had that for breakfast."




i was like a starving child in slumdog millionaire

jai ho

13 comments:

  1. "i knew my responsibilities as the first born
    i should sacrifice my blood,
    to feed the younger generation"

    That cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL keep it coming. Love the expression at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tiffany, my name is Alexandria and I am Courtney's friend and I like everything you do very much so keep on doing it (except for not the starving part, because I think if you keep doing that I might not be able to enjoy your artwork anymore).
    Okay nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DLqOGDNPGOM/TOithPywm-I/AAAAAAAAAhY/OSb-UvXC9uA/s640/Screen+shot+2010-11-20+at+8.42.05+PM.png

    okay i am literally dying at this face

    ReplyDelete
  5. "UNTRUE
    UNTRUE
    UNTRUE
    UNTRUE"

    Can't...stop....giggling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a way to subscribe your blog? Because I can't find a RSS button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so hilarious. I have a little bro in 8th grade! I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny as always ... going to share this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much, everyone! those breadsticks will come back to me one day

    ReplyDelete